Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Indian summer Sunday lunch



We had a lovely glimpse of Indian summer during last weekend. After chilly night and foggy morning sunny day followed.
I went cycling to Emo Court - my usual 14 km route - on both Saturday and Sunday and did a fair bit of gardening on Saturday. Come Sunday midday and I was so, so tired that wanted nothing more than nice, uncomplicated seasonal meal in the garden followed by fruity dessert.
Even cat was so hot that he slept inside - true Irish cat though, can't stand a bit of hot weather.


Lunch preparation was the easiest thing: I just threw most of our homegrown vegetables - such as potatoes, tomatoes, courgettes, red onions into baking dish, tossed in olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and baked it in the oven for about 40 minutes. Served with pan-fried salmon steak.


Earlier in week I bought some nectarines which did not look exactly pretty by now. But there was nothing wrong with the taste, so I turned them into simple tiramisu-inspired pudding.
I put pieces of ladyfingers to the bottom of glass, added stewed nectarines (stew them with a bit of sugar and splash of amaretto) and topped with mascarpone cream (whipped cream with mascarpone, sugar and amaretto). Delicious!


2 comments:

  1. It looks all great and tasty. Nice to read, I am looking forward to other articles. All the best

    Marek

    ReplyDelete